Information for members on current positions and/or fellowships available in the specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Should you wish to list a relevant position/fellowship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Clinical Lead Trauma)
Townsville University Hospital, Queensland
The Staff Specialist (Clinical Lead Trauma) will monitor trauma system performance from time of injury until the end of rehabilitation, review statistics and identify issues and trends with the provision and flow of trauma care, provide tertiary review of admitted trauma patients, coordinate multidisciplinary care of multi-trauma patients, facilitate early referral to rehabilitation and provide education and outreach/support at Townsville University Hospital and the wider Health Service.
What’s on offer?
Permanent Part-time, 16 hours per fortnight
Pro rata remuneration package based on full-time equivalent value of up to $486,763 p.a., comprising base salary range of $90.45 – $114.69 p.h. (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), professional development allowance, professional development leave (3.6 weeks p.a.), Plus any other additional benefits relevant to the position.
About the role
- Facilitate the development of the Townsville Trauma service to ensure the optimal provision of trauma patient care.
- Work in close collaboration with personnel across the hospital involved with treating and managing trauma patients to monitor and facilitate all operational issues involved in a multidisciplinary approach to quality care of the trauma patient from pre-hospital to rehabilitation.
- Provide consult-liaison and trauma care advice and support for trauma patients between other clinical services within THHS, including the referring specialists from the relevant HHS’s and facilities.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Fellowship in a relevant Specialist Medical College.
- A higher research degree (or significant progress towards a higher degree) will be considered a significant attribute.
- All applicants must be awarded SoCP by the THHS Credentialing and SoCP committee.
- It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Enquiries Dr Donald Cameron (07) 4433 2067
Job Ad Reference TV421822
Closing Date Tuesday, 5 July 2022
Offer For Joining an OMF Practice – Brisbane CBD (QLD)
As an OMF surgeon, are you motivated by
A. the primacy of patient care?
B. And enjoy working in a motivated, supportive and skilful team?
If so, joining our practice may be of interest to you:
We are a solo OMF surgical practice with our headquarters in the Brisbane CBD; we also consult peripherally in 3 locations on a monthly basis.
Having served Brisbane’s wider community for the last 32 years and have established a trusted reputation for patient care including those with significant pre-existing conditions.
We persistently seek improved and more predictable surgical outcomes and have a long history of collaborative investigation into wound healing, including MRONJ.
The administrative systems of the practice are refined and work well in support of our patients (Check out our google reviews here).
If this sounds like a practice that could be a ‘good fit’ for your career and life work balance, please send your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon (Micro Vascular)
(Oncology/microvascular free flap reconstruction and general scope) – Auckland District Health Board
The Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) wishes to appoint two part-time Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (general scope and oncology/microvascular reconstruction) and invites suitably qualified persons to apply. We are flexible in relation to days of the week worked, however, across the 2 roles we will require each week day to be covered.
About the Role
To be eligible for this role you must hold, or be eligible for, vocational registration as a specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with the Medical Council and Dental Council of New Zealand. You must be competent in the broad scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS). You must be trained and experienced in management of benign and malignant pathology related to the mouth, jaws and related structures, and in microvascular free flap reconstruction. You must have an excellent work record, an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, and a desire for public service.
Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Maxillofacial Surgery)
Townsville University Hospital, QLD
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for a permanent full-time Staff Specialist vacancy currently available in Maxillofacial Surgery. Ideally, the successful applicant would have expertise in Microvascular Surgery. There may also be opportunities to work in private practice which can be negotiated locally.
About the role
- Provide comprehensive surgical services across a wide range of pathologies and patient age within the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Provide professional leadership in respect of the Maxillofacial Surgery Department activities and in particular, your specialty team(s).
- Manage the delivery of patient care in the area of Maxillofacial Surgery including management of complex clinical situations.
Assistant Surgeon – Geelong OMS
Geelong Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a successful, thriving standalone practice that has been based full time in the central Geelong business hub since 1997. We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly Assistant Surgeon to join our team with view to long term commitment to the region.