Facilitating support for our members engagement in Overseas and Australian aid missions.
The ANZAOMS Overseas Outreach & Aid Committee (OOAC) provides strategic direction and logistical assistance in the organisation of humanitarian surgical missions overseas or aid programs in indigenous Australia, by our members.
The objectives of the committee are to:
- Share intellectual property in the organisation of missions.
- Facilitate and coordinate Members who wish to be involved.
- Manage a budget to provide financial assistance upon request.
- Assist in obtaining third party sponsorship for equipment, support etc.
- Liaising and coordinating with other overseas programmes (e.g. RACS, RACDS), government bodies (e.g. AusAID) or Indigenous Aid and Development programs in Australia (e.g. Australian government).
ANZAOMS Members wishing to undertake Overseas or Australian aid work. All forms may be submitted to the ANZAOMS Executive Officer at email@example.com
Oral and Maxillofacial Training in Cambodia
For several years a number of ANZAOMS members have conducted an outreach program in Cambodia.
Voluntary Surgery Mission to the Odonto Maxillo Facial Hospital, Vietnam
This visit, which took place from Monday 12 to Friday 16 June 2017, was the thirteenth annual voluntary surgical team mission that I have led to the Odonto Maxillo Facial Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.